Home Office approved Prevent training
The Home Office has approved this course to be included in the Home Office official catalogue of recommended products for Prevent Duty training
Prevent and radicalisation awareness training is a way to ensure staff are able to identify children at risk of being drawn in to terrorism, as required by the Counter Terrorism & Security Act 2015 and the Prevent Duty Statutory Guidance.
This online course gives professionals an awareness of the radicalisation process and a clear understanding of the Prevent duty.
After completing this course learners will:
- Understand what extremism and radicalisation are and why it is important to discuss and address these
Have knowledge of the Prevent strand of the government’s CONTEST strategy
- Better understand what makes people vulnerable to radicalisation
- Know how to recognise the indicators that radicalisation might be taking place and have a clear understanding of their responsibilities
This course has been developed with safeguarding boards to ensure it meets training requirements whilst being sensitive and informative… read more.
Radicalisation and Prevent Training from Virtual College on Vimeo.
94% of learners who have completed this training would recommend the course to a colleague
“The reflective exercises provided the learner with [the] opportunity to think about what they [have] learned, how it could affect them and impact their professional and personal lives.”
- Training and Development Coordinator, Warrington Safeguarding Children Board
“We found the Virtual College Pathways to Extremism course a highly effective method of training our staff, in line with the Government’s Prevent strategy. […] We would, and have recommended this to other educational establishments”
– Assistant Head Teacher, South East England